Why would someone need unemployment benefits?
- If someone is unemployed, as there are lots of people in the same position, it is, without doubt, to say that you still have bills, rent/mortgage to pay and need to support your family and yourself.
- Unemployment benefits can be there to assist and support you with expenditure as mentioned above while you get yourself back on your feet.
- Claiming benefits can be important for other reasons as well.
- If someone claims benefits the government will continue to pay the following for you: National Insurance contributions (NICs) to build up their social security benefits, including a State Pension.
What benefits can someone claim?
- Jobseekers allowance
- Council tax and housing benefits
- Housing benefits
- Child benefits