What is a financial probity check?
A financial probity check as the most common check that is linked within the finance industry. These check can include:
- Work in banks
- Work in building societies
- May also include checks in working finance departments of other large organisations
- Employers that are hiring someone that will be required to handle cash or a job role involving other people's money may need a financial probity check.
The reason to have these checks is to decrease the chances of risk to the members of the public or a business’s fund. There are lots of different checks that can be made on a person's financial status.
A list of examinations that employers will take place on candidates that appear to be increasing annually. These checks can sometimes be down to government legislation.
Where can checks be used:
- National and immigration is a situation where the checks can take place.
- Someone who is applying for a job in healthcare pr education may need to get a DBS check. This is to show their criminal records.
- Other types of checks are most up to the employer’s that are recruiting, they may decide to do no check at all too.