What is an expatriate?
- An expatriate is a person who is living and/or working in a different country than his or her country of citizenship. Mostly an individual will work in a different country often temporarily, also for work reasons.
- An expatriate can be a person who also has relinquished citizenship in their home country to become a citizen of another.
- Expatriates are people who leave their homes due to work reasons.
- This can be someone who lives in another country temporarily or renounces their citizenship of one country in favour of another.
- Being an expatriate you would earn more than being a local worker.