What is the candidate experience and how to improve it?
Candidate experience is defined as how job seekers feel and behave to an organisation’s recruitment processes like marketing, sourcing, interviewing, screening, hiring and onboarding etc. Therefore, a positive hiring experience is important in making successful placements.
How can an organisation improve candidate experience?
- Begin with writing a clear and concise job description (JD)
- Remove biases and be transparent while recruiting
- Invest in your career website
- Make it easy for job seekers to apply
- Remove time-wasting information and applications forms. Be innovative in the data you need before the job interview.
- Improve communication - Communication is the key
- Learn best practices of interview
- Give feedback and ask questions
- Build a relationship and be friendly
- Create content that matches the business requirements and goals. Don’t overkill it.