What is talent management?
- Talent management includes identification, development engagement, systematic attraction, development and retention of those people who are of a certain value in a company.
- This can be because of fulfilling critical roles or through their higher potential.
- Talent management schemes can involve lots of different activities like formal and informal mentoring and or leadership training, networking events and opportunities to meet individuals that are at board-level or directors.
- Talent management can be focusing on development with internal skills.
Benefits of talent management:
- Building a meaningful work ethic and allowing opportunities for employees/ workers to grow.
- Creating a high-performance working environment.
- Adding value to the ‘employee value proposition’.
- Increasing productivity in the workforce.
- Contributing to diversity and inclusion.
- Encouraging further learning and development.