What is matrix organisation?
- Within a matrix organisation it is defined as one, however there are dual or multiple managerial responsibilities and accountability.
- The term matrix has more than one definition and can mean different things to different people in different industries or departments.
- There are normal two chains of command, one of them is along functional lines and the other is along product, project, or client lines.
- A matrix organisational arrangement may vary if the project manager has a powerful managerial position than someone that is only coordinating a role.
- In a matrix organisational project there must be a balance of power and functional manager.