What is HR Software
HR software is a software solution to document, update, manage and optimise human resource tasks, details, processes and goals on a day-to-day basis. HR software makes documentation and process management easier and seamless as compared to conventional HR systems and thus allows the HR staff to better allocate their time and resources to critical organizational issues to yield more efficient and productive results.
HR software systems are cloud-based, generally use a subscription model and offer easy integration into other HR and data management software modules. They can also be easily customised as per an organization’s requirements, needs, goals and budgets.
An HR software performs the following major functions:
- Organizing employee data
- Creating workflows and tracking workflow details
- Employee onboarding and offboarding
- Reporting on employee issues
- Benefits management
- Integration of third-party HR modules
- Tracking data changes made in the HR policies