What is the employer value proposition?
- A company's employer value proposition reflects the image of their values and culture and the practical advantages for employees, like growth, development opportunities and learning.
- Within a company, the manager must be able to give details and explain the products or services and the customer base.
Are employers able to explain why employees choose to work for the company?
- When it comes to the employer value proposition it is key to think from the employee or an applicants perspective. As the struggle for disruptive technologies, volatile market and skill shortages, this means it is getting increasingly important to present an eye-catching offer to the potential employee with talent, developing the selection process and engaging and retaining the company's talent base.
- The reason it is about getting it right is so that you can persuade and satisfy really good candidates that they want to work with you in the company.
Company’s need to understand the needs of candidates with talent and what is right for their workforce. Taking the approach below is a good start:
- How do we characterise ourselves as a company?
- What is our mission? And Why does it matter?
- Who are the top talent and what matters to them?
- Who are our competitors for the talent we need?