What is Absence Management Policy?
- Absence policies will take into consideration that an employee may need to take time off work due to injury or sickness.
- Absence policies are usually explained during interviews. This will have details of how and when the employee should call in sick, there is usually a certain time before their shift starts. This is so that the organisation can make sure they have someone to cover.
- An absence policy will give the employee information on how paid sick days are measured and the amount of paid sick days they will receive.
- Employees missing work can reduce their productivity, this can affect the organisation as it can lead to more workload as it may not be done in time.
- It can become more costly for the company if an employee misses their shift for the day.
- If someone misses a day from work it will lead the company to have an extra workload, this will cause time and profit as they will not gain anything from it. Additionally, they will have to get another employee to cover them. Requiring them to pay their salary on top of sick pay for the employee that is off work. In some cases it can mean for the employees doing overtime, again this costs the company.