What is Absence Management?
- It is key to have effective absence management put in place within a workforce. This is to keep everything running smoothly within the organisation and to support employees with the reason for their absence.
- They are there to manage the time the employees take off, this can be because of many reasons such as long-term sickness and short-term sickness. Long-term sickness or sick leave will require the employee to provide a doctor’s note, as evidence. Enabling them to be put through the sick pay scheme.
- Absence management maintains employees that are off work and make sure that there is someone else to cover the workload. Preventing the company loss of time and costs that can be caused if there is no one to assure the work not being done is covered.
- Absence management is there to prevent any unauthorised time off from work or any improper use of absences to gain sick pay. To ensure an illegitimate time off work is not committed the absence management will demand evidence, which will be essential.
- Absence management will assist employees that require time off work with any health needs.