What Is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing refers to the delivery of computer system resources (servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics, intelligence...) over the internet, also known as “the cloud”.
What are the benefits of cloud computing?
- Cost reduction compared to storing data on-site data centres.
- More performance speed.
- Option to scale when needed.
- Eliminates the need for many time-consuming IT tasks, translating into an increase of productivity on the IT teams.
- Optimal Performance. (Stored on a global network of secure data centres that are always kept up to date).
- Reliable and less expensive.
- Secure thanks to a wide range of policies, technology and data and infrastructure protection.
These data centres often have functions distributed in different locations from their central servers.