What is an applicant tracking system?
- An applicant tracking system allows recruiters to manage the hiring and recruiting process.
- Recruiters use applicant tracking systems to store data of candidates that have applied for the job role. The system enables employees to plan interviews, examine references, carry out an evaluation of candidates, finalize the paperwork of hiring new employees, screening candidates, and managing the process of hiring.
- The database is gathered when candidates apply to the job role through online applications. Their information such as their cover letter, curriculum vitae, educational qualifications, contact details, and work experience. As candidates progress throughout the process they can be sent to another part of the system, making it easier to manage the hiring process.
- The way that the system allows recruiters to manage is by the system sending candidates automatic messages to let them know that their application has been sent. Another useful feature is that the tracking system will let the recruiters give candidates online assessments, these are automatic too saving time and money.
- The reason an application system will save time and money is that the system will automatically assist with the hiring process, for example, the system will allow a candidate to complete an online assessment without a recruiter sending one out.